Open Call to Strengthen Municipal Youth Participation with “Design your city” Program
Youth Bridge is looking for partner organizations to bring young people together to engage in dialogue on issues of communal participation. Politically and socially committed young people visit each other in their hometowns.
They learn how youth participation is lived locally and develop ideas on how they can actively shape their cities.
Politically and socially engaged young people visit each other in their own cities. They learn how youth participation is implemented locally. For example, they attend meetings of commissions or youth parliaments and meet with employees from municipalities and associations. They hold workshops and develop ideas on how to actively shape their cities and discuss their implementation with decision makers.
Important information at a glance:
- Implementation: August 1, 2023 – August 30, 2024
- Scope: An on-site roundtrip and return exchange, accompanying digital exchanges are requested
- Age of participants: 13-30 years old
- Number of participants: maximum 16 young people and 4 group leaders (per exchange)
- Duration: at least 5 program days per visit (excluding travel days)
- Travel expenses for group leaders’ preparatory visits as well as for outbound and return exchanges
- Accommodation and meal costs (36 Euros per person for Turkey and 46 Euros per person for Germany)
- 100 Euro allowance per participant for organization costs (e.g. hall and technical equipment rental)
- Personnel, investment and structural costs (for example, the purchase of cameras, computers and flip-flops) are not financed.
- The budget is calculated jointly by the applicants and Youth Bridge. Calculation is based on Erasmus flat rates. Partner organizations’ own resources and third-party funds are an advantage.
Who designs and implements the projects?
- The projects are designed and implemented by the applicants together with the Youth Bridge. For this purpose, Youth Bridge signs a cooperation agreement with applicants from Germany. Partner organizations provide at least two group leaders, are responsible for recruiting attendees, and – where reasonable and economical – coordinate logistical and administrative tasks such as booking flights, accommodation and event venues. Youth Bridge forwards the necessary funds.
- After the projects are selected, Youth Bridge organizes a digital workshop with partner organizations to jointly shape the project design and define next steps. Group leaders have the opportunity to hold a preparatory meeting.
- It is important that young people are involved in the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects as well as the application process.
- Joint applications are open to cities and municipalities from Turkey and Germany bound together by a fraternity or friendship agreement, as well as organizations wishing to establish a friendship between cities.
- The following criteria will be taken into account in the evaluation of applications:
- The nature of the proposed project design, including ideas for innovative formats and methods
- Inclusion of less able young people
- Climate and environmental friendliness of the project
- Gender equality
For more information, visit Youth Bridge.
What's Your Reaction?