Open Futures Scholarship 2022-2023 for Black Students in the UK
Deadline: July 22, 2022
Applications are open for the Open Futures Scholarship 2022-2023. The Open Futures Scholarship for Black Students, launching for the first time in academic year 2022/23, will provide the opportunity for new, UK-resident students who identify as Black to study for free.
50 scholarships will be available in 2022/23. A scholarship covers OU undergraduate credit-bearing modules and qualifications, paying for the full tuition cost of your qualification, up to 120 credits each seasonal academic year and 360 credits in total.
Successful recipients of a scholarship will also be entitled to receive a one-off, £500 study costs grant to support with the cost of preparing for study with the OU, such as buying a laptop, study materials or arranging internet access.
- Identify as being from a Black background; applicants must have one of the following ethnicities:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Have a personal annual income of not more than £25,000 or be in receipt of a qualifying benefit
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible for a UK fee
- Hold no existing higher education qualification
- Be a new student to The Open University in academic year 2022/23
- Be intending to study towards an undergraduate OU qualification or module commencing in the 2022/23 academic year
- Be studying at a minimum intensity of 25% (30 credits) per academic year
Once completed, email your application and supporting evidence to the Student Fees team. You’ll find their contact details on the first page of the application form.
Applications close at midnight on July 22, 2022. If you’re successful, they will email you by August 5, 2022 to confirm. They will also then be in contact soon afterwards to make sure you’re ready to study and to help you choose your course, so don’t worry if you’re not yet sure what you’d like to study.
For more information, visit Open Futures Scholarship.