Ozow Software: DevOps Engineer Internship Programme 2023
Ozow Software is inviting recent graduates to apply for the DevOps Engineer Internship Programme 2023 in Cape Town. Note that is is a hybrid job opportunity with immense benefits. Ozow...
Ozow Software is inviting recent graduates to apply for the DevOps Engineer Internship Programme 2023 in Cape Town.
Note that is is a hybrid job opportunity with immense benefits.
Ozow is looking for a DevOps Engineer Intern that has a keen interest in DevOps and has some experience with software development, has some knowledge of system security concepts and an understanding of containerisation.
You must have worked with a version control system before (e.g. Git) either in your personal capacity, as part of your projects for your studies or in some sort of work experience (internship or otherwise).
This person would be working on creating docker images that combine third party applications as well as proprietary software in an automated fashion and deploying them to cloud infrastructure (don’t worry, you just need to understand the concepts, we will train you up to fill the gaps).
- An IT diploma or degree
- Some software development experience (personal projects, school courses, internships)
- Some knowledge of cloud architecture concepts
- Some knowledge of system security concepts (web application security)
- Some knowledge of containerisation concepts (Docker)
- Familiar with version control (Git)
- The ability to learn new things quickly, and conversely to let go of old ideas / tech just as quick
- Independent / self-starter
- Some understanding of container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Some Linux / bash terminal experience
- Some understanding of automation tools (e.g. Sonarqube / Jenkins / Team City / AppVeyor / Octopus Deploy / AWS Code Deploy etc.)
In office perks
- Free healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Free healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town and still to launch in Johannesburg)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy
- Group Risk Insurance
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Ozow Cookbook
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
- Hybrid and Remote work
Sounds good? Apply now!