Poynter & Google News Initiative Misinformation Student Fellowship Program 2023 ($10,000 stipend)
Applications are open for the Poynter & Google News Initiative Misinformation Student Fellowship Program 2023. In 2023, given the ever-present problem of misinformation and how quickly it can spread —...
Deadline: July 21, 2023
Applications are open for the Poynter & Google News Initiative Misinformation Student Fellowship Program 2023. In 2023, given the ever-present problem of misinformation and how quickly it can spread — especially on social media – the Google News Initiative and Poynter have partnered to launch a student fellowship program focused on combating mis- and disinformation in communities.
Fellows will work in local newsrooms on projects aimed at curbing the spread of misinformation and promoting digital literacy at the community level and among the younger generation. In working to support local newsrooms, fellows may cover regional misinformation trends, create video content, conduct research to help with stories or projects, or other tasks to help build misinformation resilience in their communities.
- Fellows will be awarded a $10,000 stipend for the course of the fellowship program.
- Fellows will also receive training through the Google News Lab and Poynter’s MediaWise Initiative, and be part of the fall cohort of their Campus Correspondents program.
- Applicant should be at least 18 years of age as of January 1, 2023;
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university as of January 1, 2023;
- You are eligible to work in the United States of America;
- Able to work in person if required by host newsroom.
The application window closes July 21, 2023 at midnight Pacific Time. The program will run from roughly September to December, or the fall semester.
For more information, visit Misinformation Student Fellowship.
What's Your Reaction?