Rice University Business Plan Graduate-level Student Startup Competition 2023 ($1.6 million in Cash and Prizes).
Hosted and organized by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, which is Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship, and Rice Business, the Rice Business Plan...
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM CST.
Hosted and organized by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, which is Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship, and Rice Business, the Rice Business Plan Competition offers an educational program mirroring real-world experience through this multi-day event for student startups from across the world.
The Rice University Business Plan Graduate-level Student Startup Competition, just completing its 22nd year, gives collegiate entrepreneurs real-world experience to pitch their startups, enhance their business strategy and learn what it takes to launch a successful company. Hosted and organized by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship—which is Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship—and Rice Business.
With access to mentors, real-world experience and investment opportunities, the Rice Business Plan Competition helps student founders stay on target and realize their potential.
YOU ARE INITIALLY ELIGIBLE FOR RBPC 2023 IF YOUR STARTUP:
- is student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed
- has at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student
- are from a college or university anywhere in the world
- has not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2022
- has not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2022
- is seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months)
- is a potentially viable investment opportunity
PRIZES FOR PLACEMENT IN COMPETITION
- 1st Place Overall – given by the GOOSE Capital – $350,000 investment
- 2nd Place Overall – given by Rice University – $100,000 investment
- 3rd Place Overall – given by Rice University $50,000 investment
- 4th – 7th Place Overall – $5,000 cash each
- Wildcard Round Prizes
- Mercury Elevator Pitch Competition Prizes $3,500 divided among winners
- Semi-Final Round Prizes
INDIVIDUAL PRIZES (INVESTMENT)
- The OWL Investment Prize – $270,000 (distributed to 3 startups)
- Houston Angel Network (HAN) Prize for Most Investable Startup – $100,000 investment
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) Houston Angel Investment Prize – $100,000 investment
- TMC Innovation Healthcare Investment Prize – $250,000 investment TMCx accelerator program completion
- Softeq Venture Studios Investment Prizes (2) – $50,000 investment $75,000 in-kind
- Thomas Healy – RBPC Alumnus $85,000 Investment Prize (Distributed to 3 startups)
- nCourage Courageous Women Entrepreneur Prize – $50,000 investment (distributed to 2 startups)
- Urban Capital Network Prize – $25,000 Investment
- New Climate Ventures Prize – $25,000 Investment
INDIVIDUAL PRIZES (CASH)
- Pediatric Device Prize by the Southwest National Pediatric Device Innovation Consortium (SWPDC) – $50,000 cash
- Pearland Economic Development Corporation (EDC) Spirit of Entrepreneurship Prize $25,000 cash
- Energy, Cleantech & Sustainability Prize, funded by IN2, NREL and WellsFargo – $25,000 cash
- RBPC Alumni Network Cash Prize, Sponsored by NABACO – $10,000 cash
- Nixon Institute Prize – $3,000 cash
- DK Innovation Prize – $3,000 cash
- The Eagle Investors Prize – $5,000 cash
- Anbarci Family Company Showcase Prize – $3,000 cash
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Rice University Business Plan Graduate-level Student Startup Competition 2023
What's Your Reaction?