Roberta Anna Scholarship 2022 for Emerging Young African Fashion Talents to Study in the UK (Undergraduate)
Deadline: May 16, 2022
African Fashion Foundation is now accepting applications for the Roberta Annan Scholarship at Condé Nast College of Fashion and Design, UK. This scholarship has been created to support the best emerging young fashion communication, business, and media talent from Sub-Saharan Africa, providing financial support for their higher education.
The Scholarship provides full fee remission for the Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme and the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Industry Practice degree programme at Condé Nast College of Fashion and Design for successful applicants.
Applications are initially for entry on to the one-year Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme. Upon successful completion of this, and a successful additional undergraduate progression interview, the student is expected to progress onto the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication & Industry Practice (2 years fast-track) undergraduate degree:
African Fashion Foundation is a non-governmental organisation that empowers fashion designers and creative professionals from Africa and its diaspora to succeed in the global fashion industry. They provide professional and educational developmental opportunities in partnership with established players in the fashion industry to support the success and progression of the African creative economy.
This is a competitive scholarship scheme aiming to support those with the greatest financial need, talent in the relevant subject areas, and future potential.
- The Roberta Anan Scholarship is open to applications from nationals of the following Sub-Saharan African countries:
- Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic, Congo Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Côte D’Ivoire, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Keyna, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Students must be aged at least 18 years old on 1st September at the start of the academic year in which they intend to join this course. An academic year runs 1st September-31st August annually. For the duration of the academic year, a student is considered to be their academic age for admissions purposes, regardless of when their birthday falls within that academic year.
- The standard entry requirements for this course are GCSE English and Maths at Grade C (4) or above, or the equivalent international qualifications. This in most cases would be one of the below:
- Senior School Certificate Examination,
- National Senior Certificate,
- National Diploma with higher credits,
- Higher National Diploma with credits
- The College is looking for students who will actively contribute to the course and take an original approach to their work and they must have a keen interest in pursuing a career in Fashion Communications.
- This scholarship is potential and needs based; therefore all applicants will be have to submit detailed evidence to support their financial need for the scholarship in order to progress to the next step.
The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of the household income below the average for his / her country with one of the following:
- Tax returns
- Bank statements
If applicants feel they meet all the criteria stated above, they will need to submit the following documents and complete the initial screening.
- CV that includes personal details, location, education history and any relevant work experience.
- A copy of a valid passport
- Copies of academic transcripts/certificates
- 500-word personal statement
- Pre-recorded interview video
For more information, visit African Fashion Foundation.