Story Exchange Women in Science Incentive Prize 2023 ($25,000 total award)
Applications are open for the Story Exchange Women in Science Incentive Prize 2023. The Prize will support U.S.-based women working to find innovative, science-based solutions as climate change disrupts and...
Deadline: July 31, 2023
Applications are open for the Story Exchange Women in Science Incentive Prize 2023. The Prize will support U.S.-based women working to find innovative, science-based solutions as climate change disrupts and depletes natural resources. This year, the focus is on women leading efforts in soil.
Successful applicants will be addressing soil sustainability through one or more of the following areas/activities:
- Developing advanced sensor monitoring and modeling techniques
- Advancing conservation practices that improve soil resilience
- Mitigating soil GHG emissions
- Addressing soil moisture, erosion and nutrient cycling for improved agricultural and environmental outcomes
- Remediating for healthy urban communities
- Promoting climate-beneficial land management practice (e.g., regenerative farming)
- Raising awareness or educating people on the importance of improving or retaining productive and healthy soils.
- A total of 5 recipients will be awarded $5,000 each and potential media coverage via The Story Exchange, which produces videos, articles and podcasts for entrepreneurial women.
- Open to U.S.-based women.
- Eligible candidates for the Women in Science Incentive Prize will be scientists with advanced degrees in the fields of physics, chemistry, engineering, biology, agronomy, environmental science or closely related fields; or entrepreneurs with advanced degrees who are creating science-based products and technologies to help mitigate/reduce the impact of climate change through innovative practices focused on natural soils.
The Story Exchange is requesting preliminary applications in advance of full applications to increase the overall quality of submissions and assist staff and judges in managing the scientific review process. A subset of applicants will be invited to submit full applications. Winners will be announced in December.
Applicants must provide a CV and statement (maximum 800 words) describing their work and professional goals, including impact; and intended use of funds. Applicants must also provide a statement (maximum 500 words) about their personal story, including their biggest personal/professional challenges.
For more information, visit Women in Science Incentive Prize.
What's Your Reaction?