The WFP IGNITE SEED Innovation Program 2023 for research-based food-systems innovators in East Africa
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) IGNITE Innovation Hub, Circle Innovation, and DTU Skylab Foodlab, with the support of Care Denmark and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, have...
Application Deadline: October 9, 2023
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) IGNITE Innovation Hub, Circle Innovation, and DTU Skylab Foodlab, with the support of Care Denmark and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, have launched the highly anticipated second edition of the IGNITE SEED Innovation programme in East Africa to support entrepreneurial teams with research-backed ideas focused on innovating food systems with market validation and training support to launch these ideas in the market.
The ten-month innovation programme will focus on inventors and innovators with research-backed ideas in the food systems sector with a high potential for disruption and impact towards food security in East Africa.
The IGNITE SEED Innovation programme is open for applications for research based food-systems innovators in East Africa that meet the following criteria:
- Research-backed idea or invention in the food systems sector.
- At least two team members based in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, or Somalia working on the idea.
- Interest in transforming the idea into a venture.
- Passion about disrupting food systems to achieve zero hunger.
- Be available for programme activities for the duration of the innovation programme, including in-person and online sessions.
- Female entrepreneurs and non-academic innovators are specifically encouraged to apply
- Target countries: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Somalia.
- WFP invites applications from innovators and researchers who have research-backed innovations addressing food systems in East Africa.
- The call for applications is open for teams with food system ideas grounded in research, whether from academia or practical experience, even if they haven’t formally registered their businesses yet.
- WFP especially encourage applications from youth, women-led teams and innovators from underserved populations based in East Africa.
The benefits will include:
- Innovation Program: Selected teams will participate in the IGNITE SEED Innovation programme for ten months and get access to our unique Human Centered Design (HCD) Lab.
- Innovation Lab: At the end of the HCD Lab, you will pitch your validated prototype to a panel of experts and get the opportunity to be selected for our intensive business training.
- Business training: Qualifying teams will go through an intensive 4 months entrepreneurship and business training.
- Networking: Qualifying teams will get exposure to the rich WFP and implementing partner networks that can help their ideas to the next level.
For More Information:
What's Your Reaction?