TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023
Applications are open for the TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023. The Civic Changemakers Fellowship programme is a civic innovation and governance training aimed at empowering community champions who are...
Deadline: June 30, 2023
Applications are open for the TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023. The Civic Changemakers Fellowship programme is a civic innovation and governance training aimed at empowering community champions who are working or have the ambition to work on solving civic and governance challenges.
Every year, TransparencIT selects and invites active community champions to develop and scale solutions for disrupting civic participation and improving governance and social justice in their communities. For three (3) months, the Changemakers learn through engagement, training, group work and networking to advance their activities and projects.
The sole objective of the programme is to strengthen the civic space and make a difference in the lives of communities by developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values, and motivation of the changemakers to foster and implement citizens-driven solutions. The programme was designed to create a positive impact using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The core components of the fellowship comprise parallel training in experiential learning, leadership development, inclusion, innovation and management framework.
The emerging changemakers will:
- Take part in interactions with global experts on equity and social justice.
- Receive professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities in addition to peer group learning.
- Receive support to build and advance solutions around governance challenges and customized programming from TransparencIT and affiliate partners.
- Learn how to adopt technology in advocacy and leverage it to improve governance.
The programme is open to emerging changemakers who are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Citizens and residents of Nigeria at the time of the programme.
- Passionate about solving social justice and governance challenges in their communities.
- Available to attend both online and on-site activities of the programme.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, writing and understanding the English language.
- Women and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The selection panel will use the following criteria to evaluate applications of the candidates:
- Demonstrated commitment to community service or volunteerism on issues of inequality and social justice.
- Demonstrated interest in developing leadership capacities and civic solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse groups cooperatively.
- Strong social and problem-solving skills.
To apply for the Changemakers programme, complete and submit the application form by June 30. The application requires that you write short essays on the inequality and social justice issues you are addressing.
For more information, visit Civic Changemakers Fellowship.
What's Your Reaction?