TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 (Funded)
Applications for the TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 are now open. Early-career researchers from the 21 least developed member countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are eligible for an...
Deadline: March 6. 2023
Applications for the TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 are now open. Early-career researchers from the 21 least developed member countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are eligible for an ambitious new postdoctoral programme offered by IsDB and TWAS.
The fellowships support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
- Through the Fellowship, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance based on the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
- The fellowship will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD $2,600 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
- The fellowship will cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD $1,000. Any other travel expenses (e.g. airport transfers and local transportation) will be the awardee’s responsibility.
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme;
- Be up to 45 years of age at the time of the application;
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD;
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list;
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided;
- Be employed at an institution in her home country.
Awarded scholars must:
- Not take up other assignments during the period of their fellowship.
- Present a research plan agreed by their host supervisor.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Be autonomous in regard to visa application, health insurance and housing in the host country.
No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application, as early as possible.
For more information, visit TWAS-IsDB Fellowship.
What's Your Reaction?