U.S. Embassy in Timor-Leste: Ambassador’s Small Grant Fund
The Embassy of the United States of America in Timor-Leste seeks to fund proposals that will aid in good governance efforts in support of societal and institutional growth in Timor-Leste.
This is an open competition for foreign (non-U.S.) not-for-profit organizations with offices headquartered in Timor-Leste.
The U.S. Embassy is soliciting proposals from non-governmental organizations (NGOs) who, in coordination with executive institutions at the national or local level, are working to promote improved delivery of public services and/or dissemination of information regarding laws, regulations, and policies in the areas of good governance; promotion of gender equality; strengthening women’s leadership and access to political, economic, and social services; efforts to combat human trafficking; and efforts to combat gender-based violence.
Proposals may include activities that: advocate and promote the rights of children, including by reducing child labor; advocate for the rights and further inclusion efforts of LGBTQI individuals; advocate and promote the economic empowerment and skills development of youths, women, and other disadvantaged groups; and advocate and promote identification and assistance of human trafficking victims.
- Anticipated award amount: USD 20,000.00
- Anticipated programs start date: July 1, 2023
- Anticipated program end date: June 30, 2024
- Program Performance Period: Proposed project should be completed within 12 months.
Participants and Audiences
- The projects under this grant aim to target communities in Timor-Leste, vulnerable groups, women and children, youths, and communities living in remote areas who lack access to the related thematic areas and activities.
- Eligible Applicants: This grant opportunity is open to NGOs only, and proposals from NGOs with offices headquartered in Timor-Leste will be given preference.
- Cost Sharing: Applicants are not required to include funding from other donors. However, applications that include additional in-kind and/or cash contributions from non-U.S. Government sources will be more competitive.
- Other Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organization, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
- The Embassy encourages organizations that have not previously received international program funding from the U.S. Government to apply under this announcement.
- Only applicants whose proposals have been selected for award will be contacted.
For more information, visit U.S. Embassy in Timor-Leste.
What's Your Reaction?