UN FAO Global AgriInno Challenge 2022 for young agripreneurs (Fully Funded to Hangzhou, China)
Global AgriInno Challenge, a worldwide competition for youth agripreneurs and innovators, showcases and promotes smart digital innovative talent. With the last two sessions successfully held in 2020 and 2021, Global...
Application Deadline: November 17, 2022
Global AgriInno Challenge, a worldwide competition for youth agripreneurs and innovators, showcases and promotes smart digital innovative talent. With the last two sessions successfully held in 2020 and 2021, Global AgriInno Challenge 2022 will continue to provide startups an alive platform to exchange experience, enhance knowledge and offer the opportunity to join the huge network of cooperation all around the globe.
Are you keen to solve the challenges and difficulties in digital agriculture field? Are you ready to present your innovative ideas to the world? Do you crave for getting connections with diversified mentorship supported by United Nation agencies, government, leading angel investors, and academic experts?
Themed with “addressing challenges related to the transformation of the agrifood systems in line with FAO’s four betters”, 6 teams will be selected and invited to the final pitch event in Hangzhou, China on 30 November 2022 with all related fees covered. The winning teams will be rewarded with seed funding.
- GAC 2022 is open for youth who are developing and deploying digital innovation products and services that can accelerate the Four Betters implementation and agrifood systems transformation.
- The team has registered as a company or legal entity;
- Have less than USD 1 million in turnover;
- Have less than 5 years of operations;
- Have an innovative, technology-based solution or business model with a Technological Readiness Level (TRL) between 7 and 9 (provide evidence that the project is beyond the MVP stage);
- Be committed to continuous engagement throughout the entire duration of the program;
- At least one leader of the group must be below 35 years old (Teams with female agripreneurs are highly encouraged).
The teams selected to attend the Innovation For Good and Pitch Event in China will benefit from:
- 2-day professional development around your team’s solution through an approach of co-creation with other young agripreneurs/innovators and experienced experts worldwide. All related expenses for attending the Hacking For Good and pitch events in China will be covered, including a) travel expenses: round-trip flight and/or train; local transportation fee (taxi/bus/subway); b) accommodation and meals; c) visa application fees as applicable for international participants.
- The access to open data sets from FAO and other partners, such as the FAO Hand-in-Hand Geospatial Platform, FAO Digital Services Portfolio, Data Lab for Statistical Innovation, and the Earthmap, a Google Earth Engine based tool, etc.
- Advice from experienced experts from the UN, international organizations, the private sector and academia, and the chance to have a dialogue with high-level representatives from leading companies and organizations.
- The chance to meet top angel investors from venture capital funds and business leaders in the agri-food sector who may invest in your solutions.
- The chance to build your global network in digital agriculture with a multitude of stakeholders.
- The top winning teams will receive seed funding.
- Become an alumnus for Global AgriInno Challenge.
How to Apply:
- The team leader needs to submit a) the application form; b) the innovation solution presentation (in PPT format); and c) a video to email@example.com and copying firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 Nov 2022 (24:00 CEST).
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UN FAO Global AgriInno Challenge 2022
What's Your Reaction?