UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Initiative 2023 Program: Call for Projects.
Within the framework of the World Heritage Education Programme at the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, the World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Initiative was launched in 2008 in collaboration with the Coordinating...
Application Deadline: 31 December 2022, 23:59 CET (Paris Time)
Within the framework of the World Heritage Education Programme at the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, the World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Initiative was launched in 2008 in collaboration with the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS) to mobilize and involve young people and youth organizations in World Heritage preservation and promotion. Today, the Initiative is coordinated by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre in cooperation with Better World.
After fifteen years of grassroots youth activities and international cooperation, and on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention, the World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Initiative meet the challenge of ‘The Next 50’ years to involve young people, communities and site managers in building together new, inclusive societies where World Heritage is a source of resilience, humanity and innovation, beyond the constraints of geography and cultures.
It is in this context of celebration and regeneration of youth and community volunteer efforts for heritage that the UNESCO World Heritage Centre is pleased to launch the Call for Projects for the ‘World Heritage Volunteers 2023 – Working on the Future’.
The WHV Initiative was launched in 2008 to encourage young people to undertake concrete actions and to play an active role in the protection, preservation, and promotion of World Heritage sites. It consists of action camps organized by youth organizations or institutions in cooperation with multiple stakeholders and partners, who work together for the state of conservation of World Heritage sites. The initiative mobilizes national and international volunteers through hands-on and awareness-raising activities for the conservation of our common cultural and natural heritage
- 31 December 2022: Deadline for the submission of project applications
- 1-22 January 2023 Additional information may be requested from the organisations
- 1 February 2023: Announcement of selected WHV projects.
- Confirmations will be sent to the selected organisations.
- Applications for the Mobility Fund will be open.
- February/March 2023: Official communication will be sent to the National Commissions for UNESCO, Permanent Delegations to
UNESCO, UNESCO Field Offices and site management authorities.
- 1 April 2023 –15 October 2023: Project implementation, project visits and photo/video documentation.
- By 31 October 2023: Submission of the evaluation form and questionnaires including pictures, videos and a signed copyright agreement by
the implementing organisations.
- October/November 2023 WHV Call for Projects 2024 will be launched
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Initiative 2023 Program
What's Your Reaction?