United Nations (UN) FAO World Food Day Poster Contest 2023 for teens worldwide
What comes to mind when you try to imagine a world where everyone has access to food and water? Your actions can also contribute to a sustainable future. Join the...
Application Deadline:3 November 2023.
What comes to mind when you try to imagine a world where everyone has access to food and water? Your actions can also contribute to a sustainable future. Join the World Food Day Poster Contest and show your creativity by designing a poster of your water action for food. Take a photo or scan your poster and submit your entry by filling out the form on our website. Three winners in each age category will be selected by our jury and announced here in December. Winners will be promoted by FAO offices around the world and receive a certificate and surprise gift bag.
- The Contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
- The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
- Participation is free of charge.
- The entry period will begin at 12:00 (CEST) on 1 June 2023 and will close at 12:00 (CEST) on 3 November 2023.
- The competition is divided into the following categories: 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19.
- Only one entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted. Do not include personal information, such as names, school names or age, etc.
- All artwork must be original and should not include logos or photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
- All participants are encouraged to read about the World Food Day theme in the World Food Day Activity Book. Younger children may want to learn together with a parent or teacher.
- Posters can only be submitted using the entry form provided. All fields in the Contest entry form must be completed and after uploading the poster design, the ENTER button must be clicked. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
- Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted and submissions must be made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
- 15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee and notified in December 2023.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category.
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website.
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world.
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag. In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy, cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of FAO to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
- When winning posters are published, only the first initial, full family name and country of origin will be published. No other personal information about the Contestants will be published or shared.
For More Information:
What's Your Reaction?