University of Lagos African Cluster Centre Postdoctoral Fellowship in African Studies 2023 (Funded)
Applications for the University of Lagos African Cluster Centre Postdoctoral Fellowship in African Studies 2023 are now open. Submission of applications are welcome for a maximum of 6 months postdoctoral...
Deadline: August 31, 2023
Applications for the University of Lagos African Cluster Centre Postdoctoral Fellowship in African Studies 2023 are now open. Submission of applications are welcome for a maximum of 6 months postdoctoral fellowship in African and Diaspora Studies. The fellowship is funded by the African Multiple Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth under the auspices of Germany Excellence Strategy. It is designed to support early career scholars and/or junior faculty whose research interests are centered on or related to African Studies and the overarching agenda of Reconfiguring African Studies.
Fellows are typically accommodated in research sections within the Lagos ACC at the Institute of African and Diaspora Studies (IADS). The IADS is one of the fastest growing academic research institutes in West Africa. The Institute engages in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research, and also addresses issues that concern Africa, Africans and the Diaspora.
Each fellow will work under the supervision of an expert with relevant and related specialization. In addition, a successful applicant will be expected to contribute to the various research activities related to their project; publish, at least, one article in a highly reputable peer-reviewed journal within the fellowship period; participate in teaching activities of the IADS; and present a lecture in the IADS Monthly Lecture Series.
- The fellowship covers travel costs, accommodation, and monthly stipend.
- Interested applicants must possess a Ph.D. which must have been awarded not earlier than July 2018;
- Applicants’ subject areas must be within the Humanities, Social Sciences, or Management Sciences, and other related fields;
- Good communication skills in either English or French language or both.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Soft copy of Ph.D. certificate
- A two-page summary of Ph.D. thesis
- A three-page proposal of postdoctoral research topic
- Recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two reference letters
Applications are to be submitted online. Applicants should forward their documents (in PDF) to email@example.com on or before 23:59 WAT (mid-night), August 31, 2023.
For more information, visit Lagos ACC Postdoctoral Fellowship.
What's Your Reaction?