Call for Applications: USAID International Youth Digital Leadership Council 2022
Are you a youth engaged in digital literacy or the prevention of digital harm? Apply to join the USAID International Youth Digital Leadership Council 2022 and positively incorporate Youth Voices....
Deadline: December 15, 2022
Are you a youth engaged in digital literacy or the prevention of digital harm? Apply to join the USAID International Youth Digital Leadership Council 2022 and positively incorporate Youth Voices.
The International Youth Digital Leadership Council or “Digital Youth Council” is a 12-member council of young leaders between the ages of 16 and 24 who are working on issues related to digital platforms and safety, and who are interested in reducing digital harm for children and youth. The Digital Youth Council will positively incorporate youth voices and strengthen the capacity of youth participants to both allow USAID to get reactions and creative ideas towards successfully fulfilling the goals of its Digital Strategy, and strengthen the next generation of digital changemakers and advocates.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key roles and responsibilities of council members include:
- Take part in 11 monthly virtual meetings on key topics of discussion for USAID and the young leaders;
- Respond in a timely manner to emails and communication from USAID requesting input;
- Form part of an ongoing community of practice on youth leadership on YouthLead.org;
- Select and pursue a sub-theme project over the course of their tenure: members will be encouraged to either champion their own topic or break into smaller groups to address specific issues or areas of interest;
- Present their project at the end-of-the year session;
- Develop a tailored social media awareness raising campaign for their specific geographic region;
- Serve an 11-month term based on active participation as outlined in their member agreement.
- Digital Youth Council members will receive a one-time $300 stipend to be paid upon the start of their membership to defray internet costs for Council meetings.
- Council members will also receive a $700 honorarium to be paid upon the successful completion of their membership.
- Members must document their time to receive the honorarium. The reporting format and guidance will be provided by YP2LE.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Aged 16 to 24 years as of January 1, 2023;
- Have promoted or engaged in digital literacy, prevention of digital harm, or similar issues at a local, national, or international level;
- Have a good understanding of digital harm and how youth are accessing digital platforms and the internet in their region;
- Have a strong peer network and social media presence and can reach large numbers of young followers in their region;
- Have a proven ability to inspire and a reputation for inclusive, innovative leadership;
- Have working ability in English (both written and spoken);
- Are from a low- and middle-income country and/or very well acquainted with low- and middle-income country contexts and digital harm issues;
- Are able to engage in regular Digital Youth Council meetings using platforms, such as Google Hangout, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis until 11:59 p.m. EST on December 15, 2022.
For more information, visit Youth Digital Leadership Council.
What's Your Reaction?