White House Fellows Class of 2023-2024 [U.S. Only]
Applications are open for the White House Fellows Class of 2023-2024. The White House Fellows gain first-hand experience in the process of governing the Nation and a sense of personal...
Deadline: January 6, 2023
Applications are open for the White House Fellows Class of 2023-2024. The White House Fellows gain first-hand experience in the process of governing the Nation and a sense of personal involvement in the leadership of society.
Founded in 1964 by Lyndon B. Johnson, the White House Fellows programme is one of America’s most prestigious programmes for leadership and public service. White House Fellowships offer exceptional emerging leaders first-hand experience working at the highest levels of the Federal government.
Selected individuals typically spend a year working as a full-time, paid Fellow to senior White House Staff, Cabinet Secretaries, and other top-ranking government officials. Fellows also participate in an education program consisting of roundtable discussions with leaders from the private and public sectors, and potential trips to study U.S. policy in action both domestically and internationally. Fellowships are awarded on a strictly non-partisan basis.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Employees of the Federal government are not eligible unless they are career military personnel.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate education by the time they begin the application process.
Selection as a White House Fellow is based on a combination of the following criteria:
- A record of remarkable professional achievement early in one’s career.
- Evidence of leadership skills and the potential for further growth.
- A demonstrated commitment to public service.
- The skills to succeed at the highest levels of the Federal government, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The Fellowship is extremely competitive; a well-prepared application and carefully selected references are key components to a successful application. Developing a clear, comprehensive, and competitive application is estimated to take at least 25 hours, so start this process as soon as possible.
The application has six major sections:
- Personal Information
For more information, visit White House Fellows.
What's Your Reaction?