World Bank Information & Technology Solutions Internship Program (ITSIP) 2023
Applications are open for the World Bank Information & Technology Solutions Internship Program (ITSIP) 2023. The ITSIP is recruiting eight female students from underrepresented communities who are enrolled in STEM...
Deadline: June 30, 2023
Applications are open for the World Bank Information & Technology Solutions Internship Program (ITSIP) 2023. The ITSIP is recruiting eight female students from underrepresented communities who are enrolled in STEM or technology focused graduate degree programs. The Information & Technology Solutions Internship Program is an opportunity for highly motivated women to gain exposure to the mission and work of the World Bank Group.
The internship program aims to bring new perspectives and build a pipeline of talent as part of the World Bank Group’s continued efforts to diversify their workforce. The interns will contribute to teams working in various Information Technology sectors such as financial engineering, infrastructure, architecture, risk, and information security.
In 2023, the Information & Technology Solutions Internship Program will select up to eight interns including six women from universities outside of the US and two women from Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
The internship program is offered on a full-time basis, which means the selected applicants will be expected to work 40 hours per week. The internship will take place at the World Bank Group offices in Washington, D.C. and run for approximately three 3 months from September 15 to December 15, 2023. Interns are responsible for their own accommodations during the program.
By the end of the internship, the individual will have obtained valuable experience in their chosen IT sector, gained a deep understanding of the World Bank Group’s mission and work, and developed strong skills in problem-solving, collaboration, and project management within a diverse and global team.
Interns will be responsible for specific tasks and/or projects in the field of information and technology. They will be supervised and supported by a mentor and a coordinator. Depending on their interests and skills, interns are sought in the following fields:
- Personnel Systems Intern
- Main Responsibilities: Provide solutions for personnel administration, compensation, benefits and awards, and AI-enabled processes.
- Financial Engineering Intern – I
- Main Responsibilities: Provide systems and technology support for critical financial applications, standardizing and streamlining core business functions, and automating business processes.
- Financial Engineering Intern – II
- Main Responsibilities: Work with the Budget Planning & Financial reporting Product Line to gather and analyze business requirements and convert these into technical requirements.
- Policy, Compliance and Service Continuity Intern
- Main Responsibilities: Promote the resilience of IT operations by conducting research projects on departmental topics, data entry and database maintenance.
- Architecture and Technology Intern
- Main Responsibilities: Build prototypes and models, conduct proof of concept, and showcase solutions that can support and innovate current applications.
- Risk and Compliance Intern
- Main Responsibilities: Implement production of software asset life cycle management, review software investments and provide data analysis of status reporting, metrics, and benchmarks.
- Risk and Analytics Intern
- Main Responsibilities: Troubleshoot and fix job scheduling issues, analyze new report requirements, and document the technical steps required for IT services supporting Risk Management functions.
- Information Security Intern
- Main Responsibilities: Participate in Security Monitoring at the WBG Information Security Operations Center.
- The internship program will provide a competitive salary range from US $23-US $30/hour for a total of 500 hours.
- Candidates must be female students from underrepresented communities;
- Applicants should be pursuing a master’s degree and enrolled in an information and technology graduate degree program including but not limited to Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Database Management, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Technology Management, Software and Application Development, Robotics, UX / Design, or a related field.
All applications must be submitted online by 12:00 PM EST on June 30, 2023, via Indeed. (They do not accept applications by email). You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a Graduate Degree
For more information, visit ITSIP.
What's Your Reaction?