World Bank Legal Internship Program – Summer 2023 | APPLY NOW
Applications are now open for the World Bank Legal Summer Internship Program for 2023. The Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences...
Applications are now open for the World Bank Legal Summer Internship Program for 2023.
The Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations.
Successful applicants also get to improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
About World Bank Legal Internship Program
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
The objective of the program is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency.
As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
Whoo can apply to be a intern?
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with us? (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August)
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to be an intern in the Legal Vice Presidency.
Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Applications from eligible international as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
When can you apply?
For the Summer Internship Program, the application period commenced on December 1, 2022 and ends on December 31, 2022 for the 2023 program.
Internship period is for 10-12 weeks, between June and August, depending on prevailing needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for students looking to gain full-time professional experiences at the World Bank during the summer months while enrolled in a law program.
How can you apply?
Please submit the below documents through this link:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
- 2023 Summer Cycle: December 1-31, 2022
Please use your Google Account to access the application form. If you do not have a Google Account, this link will prompt you to create one free of charge.