Call for Applications for the Youth Delegation – World Forum for Democracy 2023 (Funded)
Applications are invited for Youth Delegation for the World Forum for Democracy 2023. The World Forum for Democracy is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions...
Deadline: July 12, 2023
Applications are invited for Youth Delegation for the World Forum for Democracy 2023. The World Forum for Democracy is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies worldwide. By identifying and analysing experimental initiatives and practices, the Forum highlights and encourages democracy innovations at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies. The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and institutions.
During the 2023 edition of the World Forum on Democracy the question in focus is “Can democracy guarantee and deliver peace?”
The core content of the Forum will consist of discussions about successful initiatives and actions, which have real-life initiatives as a starting point. General guiding principles will then be drawn to encourage and support future policy responses and field action. In this context, the Youth Department of the Council of Europe will invite and prepare a delegation of young people to participate and engage with decision-makers and opinion-formers in a reflection on the question of “Democracy=Peace?”.
- Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Only the participants who attend the entire event (pre-Forum preparation and World Forum for Democracy) can be reimbursed. The payment will be made by bank transfer after the Forum. Prepaid tickets for travel can only be arranged in exceptional and justified cases.
- Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe during the dates of the activity (arrival on Friday, the 3rd of November and departure on Thursday, the 9th of November). Participants will be accommodated at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS). You will be requested to share a room.
In order to be selected and participate in the World Forum 2023, youth applicants should:
- Be aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on democracy & peace;
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to democracy& peace;
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of democracy & peace;
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand (i.e. online preparation and onsite presence in Strasbourg arriving on the 3rd of November and departing on the 9th of November).
All candidates must apply in 2 parts:
- An online application form should be completed.
- A short 1 minute video should be posted on YouTube, with the link attached to the online application form.
The application form must be submitted online before July 12, 2023 at 13:00 CET (1 p.m.)
For more information, visit World Forum for Democracy.
What's Your Reaction?